Everyone is welcome to visit the Bach Centre, and whether you are visiting on your own or in the company of friends, family or colleagues, we have several options available from an informal casual visit to a full two-day course.
Please see our ‘Visitors Guide’ for opening times.
A casual visit offers the opportunity for individuals or small groups of up to six to see where Dr. Bach lived and worked and explore the house and garden. We have a shop where you can buy remedies, books and various other related items and souvenirs of your visit, and you may also want to treat yourselves to a cup of tea or coffee, and a tasty snack or light lunch in our café, Nora’s Kitchen.
During your visit you will have the chance to see many examples of Dr. Bach’s hand-made furniture throughout the house, sit in one of his chairs in his consulting room, and learn about the history of his work and the Centre by visiting our museum rooms which are filled with historical artefacts. This is a self-guided tour so you have the time to look around at your own pace.
While you are in Brightwell-cum-Sotwell, you may like to take a walk around the village and to the church, a short walk from the Bach Centre, where Dr Bach is buried.
We make a small charge of £5 per person which goes towards the upkeep of the house, and we will offer a 10% discount to spend in Nora’s Kitchen. Please note: Nora’s Kitchen is usually closed during the winter months.
Please pre-book your casual visit via our bookings calendar which can be found here.
The Bach Centre Experience
A Bach Centre Experience offers a more informative and involved visit. It is most suitable for (but not restricted to) small groups of up to 12 people and we have welcomed groups from colleges, therapy centres, health food retailers, gardening societies, walking groups, the Women’s Institute and many others interested in the remedies.
- A typical Bach Centre Experience would last around two to three hours and includes an introduction to the Centre and the Bach remedies, with a 25 minute film detailing the medical history of Dr. Bach’s career and discovery of the 38 flower remedies. The visit includes a personally guided tour of the house and an opportunity to spend time walking around the garden where a number of remedy plants grow and are still used today to make the Mother Tinctures for the remedies. There will also be an explanatory talk and slide show on the remedies, including how they are made and how to use them in your everyday life. You will be shown how to make up a mix of remedies and have an opportunity to prepare one for yourself to take home. And there will be plenty of time for questions and answers and any further information you may need.
- Your visit includes a drink on arrival and 10% discount in Nora’s Kitchen, the Bach Centre’s own café, where you can enjoy tea or coffee, a light lunch and sweet treat. To view a sample menu, please follow this link to Nora’s Kitchen. Please note: Nora’s Kitchen is usually closed during the winter months.
- If you have time, you may also like to wander around the village where Dr. Bach lived and worked, and where he was finally laid to rest in the small churchyard just a minute’s walk from the Centre.
The price of a Bach Centre Experience is £150 for a group of up to six, and an additional £25 per person thereafter (up to a maximum of 12) during weekdays. The Experience will last approximately two or three hours (depending on numbers) bookable between 10am and 3pm. If you wish to organise a group visit outside these hours, please contact us for prices and availability.
Further information and to arrange a booking please contact us
All Bach Centre Experience bookings are by arrangement and subject to availability.
**If you cancel within a week of a planned event we may make a cancellation charge of up to 50% of the cost. If you cancel earlier we will refund in full.
If you want more than a Casual Visit, but are unable or do not have time for a Bach Centre Experience, we can arrange something in-between. Please contact us to discuss what we can offer and for information on cost and availability.
Private two-day Level 1 course for your group
For those who would like to arrange a date for a Private Level 1 Course, please contact us with your preferred dates and for our availability. You can read what a Level 1 course involves here but in a ‘nutshell’ it is a two day course* and covers all the basics of Dr. Bach’s work: we guide you through each of the 38 remedies, the history of Dr. Bach’s discoveries, an introduction to the philosophy behind his work, the process of making remedies and how to prepare your own mix.
Price for a group of up to eight is £1794, plus £211 for each additional participant, up to a maximum group total of twelve.
Therefore, the total cost for the whole group can reduce the price per person if you are able to organise a group of more than eight.
*Please note these courses are held on weekdays only.
*The fee includes VAT and is subject to change. It does not include accommodation and meals. If you cancel an agreed booking less than four weeks before the start date the fee is non-refundable. If you cancel earlier we will refund you in full.
Bespoke one-day workshops
We can also arrange to have a specialist teacher come to the Centre to run a one-day event just for your group.
If your group already know the remedies quite well they might prefer to focus on Dr Bach’s philosophy, or on practice issues such as selecting for animals, or working with challenging clients.
The exact options available will depend on which teachers are available on the days you want to come. We can also try to find teachers who can run events in other languages.
We will issue a Bach Centre certificate to you if the event has been approved by us under the BC-ACE scheme; other events may be certificated by the trainer.
The cost of a one-day event comprises two elements:
- Bach Centre will charge your group £204* to book the Mount Vernon training rooms and support services.
- The teacher will charge you a teaching fee.**
The total cost is dependent in part on the teacher’s costs, travel times etc. The minimum group size is six, and the maximum number is twelve. Costs will be per group so the cost per person will depend on the group size.
For more information email us a list of day(s) when your group would like to come to the Centre and an idea of what topics might be of interest we’ll take it from there.
*The Bach Centre fee includes VAT and is subject to change. It does not include accommodation and meals. If you cancel an agreed booking less than four weeks before the start date the fee is non-refundable. If you cancel earlier we will refund you in full.
**You will pay the teacher’s fee directly to the teacher. The teacher’s own standard terms including his or her own cancellation policy will apply.